Friday, July 11, 2008

All United States Kendo Federation Kendo Championships 2008

wow, Unless you determine to blog everyday of your life...time passes.
Well its july.

June didn't exist.

July brought some great things. I participated in my first Kendo Championship.

It was a teaching experience. Kendo brings many things to light.

During my first match in the Championships I remember thinking to myself...
"oh god this kid is quick"...but then my training kicked in and the two of the diseases of Kendo arrived in my brain.
Doubt and Fear. ?Could this kid really beat me?!....Then he rushed in in and he kiai'd at me.....

at that moment I realized he was just a little 18 year old...I was massive..36...230lbs... damn it...there is no way this kid is going to beat me...his kiai is weak, it gave him away, I held my center...scored a point. He did not defeat me.

(typing with a baby in one hand, is difficult to say the least. It really makes you think where the keys are on the keyboard.

ps...baby/kid laughs make the world go round .. so keep tickling!

No comments: