Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

So here we are giving thanks again.

I give thanks for my father who has been a ever glowing beacon of light in my life. He has continued to show me that a person with vision, passion and determination cannot be stopped. He traveled to Europe when he was 17, straight out of the middle of Kansas in 1950...we went on to escort JFK when he arrived on his trip to Italy. (picture to prove it). Imagine...growing up a Kansas farm kid and then POOF-- into Italy for a 4 year college/theology experience. I would equate that to a alien world. One that continues to elude many of us. How many of us actually take the risk to upheave ourselves at 17 and transplant ourselves into a world we have never seen.

My wife, my lover. I first saw her when I turned the corner in college. I looked down the hallway...and way, way down there...long, long blond hair against a black leather trench coat......GAWWWWWWW...are you kidding me... I thought I need to make a move, one that isn't chessy pick up line, she was a freshman, I've never seen HER before. Trust me, long hair...I woudl remember her.... I have to say something but she HAS to remember who I am....as I tracked her down...in my lust. I caught up to her, tapped her on the shoulder and said....

"Im going to steal your trenchcoat".... then I walked away.

Ya...she will remember me.

15 years later....we share two lovely children, a happy life and devotion of love.

My children, how thankful can one person become? I cannot imagine life without my two daughters, they are literally 1/2 of me....people say children change you and its true they do. Something changes when you see your eyes or your smile in their face. My daughters have lightened my heart and eased the burden in my life. Children are magic. Pure and simple they are the continuation of life and the progression of humanity.

Mostly I am thankful for the experience of life.

Not many souls get the chance to experience life, and to wonder about the 10 dimensions of the universe is truly amazing.

No comments: