Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sunshine girl turns two.



Sunshine girl is Rebekah's nickname. When we first met it always seemed that she had an inner light that was shining. As we continued to date and get to know each other we often went out hiking along the Mississippi River. We would take a lot of photographs as we went along. Only after we got our film back from the developer....(wow, now theres a "back in my day statement") — we often found the photos of Rebekah contained a flare. Sometimes it was generated by the sun as a backlight, or by the instant passing of a car in the background, or from a building's window....something caused a flare in her photos. So the nickname of Sunshine Girl began to stick.

Now she has passed this trait onto our daughter. Tehya has numerous photos which spark to life, as if she is walking out of a field of light. Here is the latest photo....Tehya moved at the last second toward the camera.

Did I mention that she is as much of a camera-ham as her mother......I need my friend Amy to look for the Camera Ham DNA in the human genome....it was passed down...I wonder if its a recessive or dominant gene?

Tehya turns two this weekend.....wow, that has gone fast. I have fallen in love with becoming a father. Tehya is just a true sweetheart of a girl. She smiles, laughs and is very well behaved. She is an extrovert, and a very social individual.

No comments: