Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The small mirror



Today I arrived from work exhausted. I have worked 23 hours in two days. Yesterday due to work and Kendo, I didn't get to see my beautiful daughter Tehya at all. So when I arrived home I forgot how much I missed her. If you concentrate on that during the day, the hours slow down. So when I returned home, across the room I saw her playing. She looked over and pointed and with a great big smile...she said.. "tha papa".

That truly makes your heart melt. I can now start to understand the love my father has for his children. Its dives down to your core. You can no longer separate yourself from your child. I guess thats is as it should be, since they are literally half of your genetics. The moment this little child looks at you and you see yourself in her eyes, her actions, her attitudes she is a mirror.

So it just got better, Rebekah told me that Tehya had pictures for my blog. At first I thought...OH god, she got a hold of the digital camera....But here they are. The mirror refocused. Tehya is turning into a camera ham...JUST LIKE MOM!

Did I mention that Tehya's favorite book is Green Eggs and Ham? HAM...HAM...HAM...HAM......oh the requests go out to the universe.

I digress. The photos showcase the mirror-- one which reflects the intro photography of the early 1970s Thor dressed in motorcycle boots, white denim, kicking back in the living room. So here she is, Rebekah helped with the cycle shirt, that Papa picked out for her, and the Kendo MenTengui "bandana" around her head, but to top it off—Tehya picked the glasses.

Biker girls rule.

No comments: